Friday, June 12, 2009

Thing # 1: The Networked Student (11.5 More Things)

With the way technology is heading, I think the Networked Student just "makes sense". I love the idea of connected learning - a student is able to connect with new contacts and learn effectively from those he already knows. The most impressive opportunity I found for students would be podcasts. Students are able to subscribe and listen to lectures by college professors from prestigious colleges without stepping foot on the campus. Now that is cool! "Mom I'm going to Berkley today to listen to a lecture by Professor X on the topic of cross cultural communication". Teachers are still important however (I like that!) in order to help the student build their network and to offer guidance and support. Teachers are vital also in order to show the student how to differentiate between good info. and propeganda.

No comments: