Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing # 4: Video Hosting (11.5 Things)

I checked out YouTube, TeacherTube, and SchoolTube. They all are terrific resources for both teachers and students. I like the fact that SchoolTube promotes being SAFE . FUN . FREE. Like I have said before the world of technology today has opened up so many doors of opportunity for our students it is unbelievable! In our classroom we have accessed all three of these resources for our units of study. We have found some fantastic physics clips that we downloaded and imbedded in our powerpoint presentations to our class. There is great stuff out there, it just takes time to hunt for it. As far as students creating videos and uploading them to these sites, we have not gotten that far yet. The directions on how to do it were very simply laid out and seem to be quite user friendly. As I said earlier, I tried to upload my Animoto and you have to purchase the full length video in order for it to be able to do it. Anyway, I am so excited to be learning all about this stuff and to be able to understand it once and for all. I can actually have an intelligent conversation with my 14 year old daughter!!

3 comments:

Cooking Librarian said...

You can have a free account with Animoto as an educator. At the bottom of the page under "Animoto for..." click on Education. I was able to create a video that was over two minutes long and the music was free, too! You can add your students to the account.

4SENUF said...

Thanks for the tip - that is great!!

VWB said...

How about featuring one of the videos you found so useful here in your blog so we can share it...most can be embeded, but if you could provide the title and link that would be helpful as well!