Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing # 2 Image Generators 2 (11.5 Things)

I have been playing around with Wordles and Animotos for a while, they are so much fun! Wordles would be great for our students to use as a review for what they have learned during all of our units of study in 4th grade. We study physics the entire year and the students could make a wordle on one of the three laws of motion or one of the many other topics of physics we study that interest them. The one I posted below I created using the main objectives we teach in physics.

Animotos were a lot of fun too! I made one for my daughter who graduated from 8th grade. It was cool to have the music playing in the background. The choices of music were pretty reasonable. The one thing that disappointed me was the fact that you only get a 30 second clip and you cannot email or upload the Animoto Shorts unless you pay for a full length video.

In the classroom animotos could work if students worked in groups and had one student taking pictures of what was going on in the group and then they collaberated to make an animoto for the group. Another option would be for the teacher to take random shots of the class in action and surprising them with an animoto of all the pictures. We have flip cameras now which we can use and it is the same concept without the price tag. Overall though, animotos would be another resource to show students and they possibly could use it from home.

Glogster.com/edu was interesting to learn about. It kind of reminds me of facebook (even though I do not have one yet), but from what I have heard it does. I like the idea of it being an interactive poster that students can access and be part of. I can see how this would really keep them engaged in the learning process and make it fun. Teachers are able to monitor their students' posters and thus maintain the role of facilitator allowing the student free reign of where they want to go and learn.

Bookr is a fabulous tool for students, teachers, and really anybody. I love it! This could easily take the place of a research paper or power point presentation. A terrific product option for students. Teachers could use this to introduce a lesson - what a fun set!

No comments: