Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thing # 22: Nings

I checked out the Ning for Teachers site and joined. It was a great place to go and visit. I never knew there were places like this out on the web. It was fabulous! To be able to talk with other teachers from all over and discuss lesson plans, classroom management advice, create blogs, and view other blogs. There was so much to do, I spent most of my time exploring and reading other teachers' blogs. One blog had a discussion on what your "secret curriculum" as a teacher would be. I liked the one teacher who said they would like "to have all my students learn to be their best at everything and to smile and enjoy the journey". I think that every teacher should encorporate some, if not all, of this into their "philosophy" of teaching. Ning for Teachers is a great opportunity to connect with other teachers and share your thoughts and ideas on so many topics for not only teachers, but all different kinds of people in the field of education. It was fascinating!

No comments: