Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing # 21: Podcasts and Audio Books

I loved the Common Craft video: "Podcasts in Plain English". Those guys are so talented in my eyes with how they are able to explain things in such a fun, unique way that the viewer goes away with complete understanding. Podcasts are convenient and easy to use. I used photostory to make a podcast on the pictures my partner took when she went to the FIRST Robotics competition back in April 2008 in Atlanta. She returned with a bunch of great photos and stories to tell the students. I took the pictures and put them on the computer and shared them with the students by opening each one individually and my partner would explain what was going on. With photostory, I created a podcast that put most of the pictures together with music in the background and we can use it as a "hook" to introduce our robotics unit. Check it out below! Wow! I cannot believe I am almost done with 23 Things!
OK I have spent two days trying to get my photostory to download below, but I am unable to. I do not have administrator rights so it kept refusing to complete the download of the program from the microsoft website. I will have to wait until I get back to school and get the program on my computer.

No comments: