Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing # 19: Web 2.0 Awards List

This thing was so much fun to explore. It was great having award winning links right at my fingertips. I saw many familiar tools on there like: del.icio.us, google docs, technorati, flickr, rollyo, craigslist, and youtube. I went to myheritage and tried to find my family's website, but there were too many listed so I need to contact my cousin in Oregon and ask him what our site address is and try to visit and share family photos etc. What a great site to show our students and have them begin a family tree and keep in touch with relatives all over the world! I also explored SpanishPod and this looked interesting. I am going to go back and get more info., but it looked like a free site to learn Spanish at your own pace. The only way you pay is if you want to buy all of the podcasts on one DVD. My daughter is taking Spanish in school and I would love to learn the language, but have never had time to take a class offered by the district. Maybe this is my answer! I looked at Docstoc and found it to be similar to google docs so I did not spend much time exploring there. I will go back though because I want to see if the site will be able to download our newsletters since google docs does not take any over 500 KB.

No comments: