Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing # 18: Online Productivity Tools

I went and explored Google Docs simply because I am used to and familiar with Google. I did not know this kind of feature existed. I like the concept of being able to access my lesson plans or other documents from any computer once they are saved to Google Docs. It was very easy to access and utilize. Uploading documents and organizing them into folders was simple! I was disappointed, however, that it would not accept documents over 500 KB which include all of our newsletters we send home weekly. Maybe there is a way I can work around it - I am going to persevere with this one and try to be able to get our newsletters there. That would be so convenient! I have already begun putting our lesson plans there so that I am ready when school starts. Then I can bring my computer back and not have to take it home as often to work on, I can just work on my computer at home and access Google Docs from the internet.

No comments: