Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing # 8: Screencast (11.5 Things)

When I began Thing # 8 I did not have a clue as to what a screencast was, but as soon as I read up on it my brain did a big "AH HA, I have seen those before" reaction. When comparing ScreenCastle and ScreenToaster I think I am going to go with ScreenToaster. They are both free, but you have to register for the later (big deal?) The comments on ScreenCastle all seem to sum up that it gives the user the "bare bones" options. The software I am going to go with is Comtasia Studio. I like the tips that one particular blogger wrote: * use fixed recording region (640X480)

* set screen recording to autopan (this way the region you are recording moves as you move the mouse)

When I viewed her example of screencasting on what to save the movie as I noted that both versions were blurry, but it did say to save it as a .MOV file no matter so I will do that. Well, I am off to make a screencast and hopefully get it posted. What to do, what to do.........

2 comments:

VWB said...

and sometimes, jsut trying to figure out what to use for the example or demo is the hardest part isn't it? I spend more time almost worrying over that part than I do the actual technology it seems!

4SENUF said...

So True!!! I am now waiting for an email to arrive from ScreenToaster to verify my registration and be able to begin recording. I decided what I am going to do!!!