Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing # 7: Video Resources (Thing # 11.5)

The video on fair use and what it entails answered a lot of questions about what a person can and cannot do when utilizing videos and video clips. The main points I got out of it only make sense and that is to not let your work become a substitute for the original and use the material long enough to make your point, but no further. Of course credit should
ALWAYS be given to the originator.
As I explored the various video sources for educationally useful videos I came across quite a few and had to finally stop and get to my blog. I embedded a cute video with the Smothers Brothers discussing the Wright Brothers flight career. It is an American History quiz video and it goes great with our unit on Flight. The link is down below for those interested in viewing it. I looked at US National Archives and this would be useful during our Rocketry unit. It had links to NASAexplorer and NASAtelevision (there were many other links at the bottom that bring you to pages on the nasa.gov website. Google Videos is another great source. I searched for videos that had to do with physics for kids and many videos came up. They were, however, very slow to download!! There was a link under the video to view it through yahoo and when I went there it was still very choppy! The source I really liked is called TOTLOL! This is a great site for parents and teachers of preschoolers/elementary age children. I found some great video clips for my daughter about the letters of the alphabet and counting. They were quick to view and were not choppy. This was a fun "Thing" to exlplore and I could spend a lot more time searching for videos to use in my class, but I must move on to Thing # 8!

No comments: