Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing # 12 Creating Community Through Commenting

This Thing involved quite a bit of informative reading. I really liked the blog called "How to Comment Like a King (or Queen)". I will admit that I am not sure I will be able to become a full time blogger with my busy life of being a Mom of four great kids, a wife, and a teacher. Despite that I gained some very useful knowledge for being a "newbie" to all of this. I like the concept of "If you don't care, don't comment". I am not one to waste my time on something if it does not have meaning for me and I am not passionate about the topic. I also thought the idea of the CoComment site was cool. This would be a great tool for me. I like to be organized and this site keeps track of all the places you have commented and lets you read recent comments to those posts. I tried to download it to my computer, but I have to have administrator rights so I guess it will have to wait until I get back to school in August. I went ahead and left a comment on Vicki's blog thanking her and commending her on spelling out the etiquette of blogging so simply.
The "10 Techniques to Get More Comments on Your Blog" was also informative, but it seemed to be geared for those who have time to blog A LOT and are trying to attract commentors to their blog. Don't see me there yet.
I enjoyed the "Ten Commandments of Blog Commenting". This was a concise, quick to read list of blogging etiquette - very helpful for "newbies".
I joined a blog called "The Ridgewood Blog". I grew up in this town and there was a drowning in the town pool last week that was such a tragedy. For years people have been trying to shut that pool down and I wanted to keep myself posted as to the status of it. I also joined Vicki Davis' blog because I found it to be very informative and user friendly as far as blogs go. She is an educator and has many related topics on her blog that are of interest to me.

1 comment:

Mrs. Moore said...

I don't see myself as a full time blogger either. I don't have the time to do it and I don't want to sit in front of the computer that long. I do good to write some e-mails.