Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thing #2: Lifelong Learning

OK - I am starting to get the hang of this blog thing. I would have to say that Habit #7 is the easiest for me. I love learning something new and then teaching it to others. It is very satisfying to be able to AHA something cool that you have just learned and then pass that AHA on to someone else. This is a habit I try to instill in my students and my own children. It is vital that in order to truly master something, whether it be a math concept or how to make a bed you need to be able to successfully teach it to someone else in order to master the skill. Habit #6 would be the most difficult for me - using technology to my advantage. There is so much new techie stuff out there that sometimes it can be so overwhelming to me. I want to learn about it and be comfortable using it, but it takes time to "play" and learn. That is why I am so thankful that this online class is available for me to do this summer. I am very excited to learn about blogging and photostories and attempt to encorporate these into my classes in the fall!

No comments: